Re: SEUL: gui toolkits

I'm glad to see some discussion started here again!

Luka (Peter) wrote:

> perl/tk i think may be the way for us to go.  i've tried it out recently,
> to some extent.  the perl/tk module is remarkably fast and stable from
> what i've sampled.

Cool...I've never done anything with tk, but I want to do some X stuff
so I suppose I should learn it.  Perl would be the way to go - it's a
language with some nice features and is reasonably simple.

Any pointers on where to go to get started with Perl/Tk?  Like, what I
need to download and read?

> if someone knows of other gui toolkits that would be useful for seul,
> please mention them as well, so we can look into them now.

Has anyone tried Xclass?  It's a C++ framework that encapsulates most
Win95 widgets - and actually looks quite a bit like Win95.  Some of the
examples actually look pretty nice...

Only problem is, I couldn't figure out how to compile the tutorial..no
instructions at all and GCC kept giving me linker errors.  I wrote the
author and posted a message to comp.os.linux.development.apps to no
avail.  If anyone's done it, I'd like to know how!  Seems like this
could be useful.