Re: SEUL: gui toolkits

BTW, while we're at it, I think it would be a good idea to remember that
X isn't the only GUI for linux... We might want to keep in mind MGR, Berlin,
and maybe GGI and/or SVGAlib.  It may be a good idea to find (or write) a
GUI library to support as many of these as possible... that way SEUL users
aren't tied to X... maybe even a text-based version should be considered,
so that any user can use (almost) the same interface to tweek SEUL that (s)he
is comfortable with...

I don't know it's status, but if LIP(Linux Interface Project -
http://blank.pages.de/lip/ ) might be a viable option...

Just a thought,

Loren

BTW
Maybe, if LIP isn't where we need it, we maybe be able to adopt it, advance it
to a stable product in all of our desired enviornments, and possibly even
promote it to (for instance) replace Qt in KDE... making it a 100% GPLd
project.