Re: SEUL: User Profiles (long)

On Sun, 1 Jun 1997, Alexandru Dan Corlan wrote:

--cut--
> Can you identify other types of users?  I expect of course that most of
> the people on this list will not find themselves in any of the above
> (except perhaps to a small extent). There is of course no perfect match
> for most people everywhere, but I think that:

How about:

Type x:  (from 6 to 26) First broke a keyboard at the age of 7, dedicated
	entirely to one computer type/platform, religious hatred of anything
	that does not conform to this platform, probably now programs in
	assembler or bare machine code: could be persuaded to move to Linux
	if the concept of a "hacker's tool" is hammered hard enough

Type x+1: (possibly already covered) I have to program for my job, my boss
	doesn't care what I use as long as I get the job done, I'm stuck
	with Win95 and it keeps crashing, compiling takes a week on my
	PProII-500 MHz workstation and I'd like to see something that
	lets me multi-task.

We should target young people; they will become old people in time.

--
Thomas Molesworth            (thomas@bass.almac.co.uk)