SEUL: Progress on website

Greetings all.

I haven't actually posted here since the split in leadership, so let me
explain:
I am taking charge of all website issues, while Martin is retaining
everything else, as well as overall leadership of the group.

I am now developing a fairly clear idea of what needs doing to the site.
There will be two almost entirely seperate sites, one for the public
face of the project (www.seul.org) and the other for the use of
developers (www.seul.org/dev/).

Sometime around the end of this week I hope to have a skeleton dev site
up, containing most of the documentation already in existence.

I'll let you all know when this is ready - I'd like the group to look
and comment before it goes to general release.

Once this
is done I will be looking for volunteers, in the following main areas:

1. A fair bit of content needs writing and updating (there is some
*ancient* stuff in the repository...)

2. Proofreading. This will be far more important on the public site,
which is not my first priority at present. However it will need close
involvement from the pub group.

3. As the site expands, I can see individuals taking responsibility for
particular sections. If people are interested in a particular part of
the project they may be able to get involved with that part of the site.

So please have a think about it, and let me know if you're interested in
helping anywhere. Once the skeleton site is up I'll be needing your
help!

Regards,
-Simon

Simon Waldman            email:  swaldman@bigfoot.com
Surrey, England.                 swaldman@seul.org
SEUL : Simple End-User Linux     http://www.seul.org
'Face' on Mars proved to be optical illusion; NASA now
                    investigating 'vase' on Mars.