Re: SEUL: Latte--possible replacement for sdoc?

In message <3630B758.C01AF094@csrlink.net>, dloss@csrlink.net writes:
>I just found this on freshmeat.  It's Latte, the Language for
>Transforming Text :-).  You can take a look at it at the URL below:
>
><http://www.zanshin.com/latte/>
>
>I wonder if it might take the place of sdoc, if such a move is desired
>(is it?).  Opinions?

I just checked it out..sdoc still offers some major advantages over it --
such as xml compliance -- but latte offers a major advantage over sdoc:
it's there and somebody else is working on it.

But while I work in latex daily, I'm not sure that other people around
here (Chuck?) would be too thrilled with that.

I'll put it on my todo list (to look into it further).
(http://web.mit.edu/arma/Public/todo if anybody actually wants to
read it. I'll try to keep it up to date. Mail me if I've left you out
of my list. ;)

Thanks,
--Roger