Re: SEUL: New WEB face lift and SSH

Bob,

I agree fully, that the web site wastes valuable space. The navigation menu
on the side it under utilized and a lot could be done to improve our image
and professionalism for visitors and our team.

I could build the prototype on my web space, that would have complete links
and such. As far as some items needing to be bigger, remember that not ever
user is running 1024x768 (You may not be either). When building pages we
need to make sure that all pages display properly as the author intended
for 640x480, 800x600 visitors as well. I also agree, that clickable buttons
are good, but graphics take time to download too, so this must be planned out.

I have just taken on a large project at work, so I will be really juggling
my time between home and work. I am very committed to getting our web site
kicked into high gear, even though I may not be able to respond right away
to comments.

Anyone else have any comments?

At 09:37 PM 9/30/98 EDT, EAMorical@aol.com wrote:
>Since no one seems to have much to say, here goes more of my
>thoughts. First some problems I see with the current design of the
>web home page. Wasted real estate. Most of whats there could be
>placed under the heading "About SEUL". The clickable items (FAQ,
>etc.) need to be much bigger. We need to make a list of clickable
>items and put them on seul-pub to find out what people think. We
>need to build a prototype and have people try it out. Somewhere
>I've seen a really nice web site where the home page is mostly
>clickable buttons. I wish I could find it, so that I could put out the
>URL. Earlier I said not to send people to the "to do" list. Now I'm
>convinced  that's right. I previously hesitated because I could think
>of a number of sites that do. However those sites are narrowly
>focused  on a single topic. SEUL on the other hand is spread over
>a number of topics making the "to do" list large and somewhat
>disjointed.  Hope to get some comments. Ask me some questions.
>
>Bob

Chuck Huffman                      Huffman Connection Center
mailto:cbhiii-linux@ic.net             http://ic.net/~cbhiii
Mirabilis ICQ # 1224891