Re: SEUL: Re: Website redesign

Ian wrote:
> Howdy.  I'm also interested in helping on the seul/edu (seul-edu or
> seul/edu?) site.  I've spent a good portion of the last month learning

> HTML and stuff, so I feel like using it.

This sounds good to me. I've been learning HTML also, so that I can try
and do something to the site. I was wondering where you are at as far as
having an account on cran etc. Roger gives out the accounts but I could
help you through the process of getting set up as I have just been
through it. I would get ssh set up on your computer before asking for an
account since you will want to change the password as soon as possible.
I don't know if you are coming from Linux or Windows but for reference
I'm running Linux (RedHat 6.0) on a dual booted system and have a 24/7
DSL connection. Anyway let me know if I can help.

Roman wrote:
> It's about putting a human face onto it all instead of the usual
highly
> technical Linux sites. This is what I suggested about 2 months ago but
of
> course noone commented.

I don't know why there seems to be so little interest in the web site. I
view as being very important..

> I did mention - most heavily - months ago that I'd like to see the
site
> themed as a "community centre" for tech. people and
teachers/parents/kids to
> get together and achieve things. With this notion, there's no reason
why we
> couldn't have a generic entrance with themed zones for primary,
secondary,
> university, pre-school etc.

I would certainly like to see a lot more get achived which means getting
more people involved.

Bob