Re: Initial survey discussions - organization

Pete St. Onge wrote:

> I've been quite intrigued by a lot of the discussion we've already had
> in the last week or so. The idea of 'watching' a user use linux is
> quite  an interesting one, and would likely be a good way of getting at
> the functionality of the OS, particularly for the kernel developers.

I like the idea.  Ok, so it was mine.  I just dug up this from Even
Liebovitch's (evan@xunil.com) "The four phases of Linux acceptance: an
approach to Linux advocacy"
http://www.xunil.com/xunil/m-j4phases.html

> Microsoft, in getting its feet wet in Phase 4, claims that the
> opensource software model lacks a marketing component which
> allows other companies (like Microsoft) to incorporate user
> needs (rather than developer needs) into products. While the
> situation is not as bad as MS claims, they're not totally wrong;
> the community cannot ignore, shout down or ridicule those in our
> midst who are knowledgeable, yet skeptical or even aggressively
> critical.

It'd be sort of fun to say, oh, bye the way, we're working on that ;-)

--
Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com)

    What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
    Welchen Teil von "gestalt" verstehen Sie nicht?

web:       http://www.netcom.com/~kmself
SAS/Linux: http://www.netcom.com/~kmself/SAS/SAS4Linux.html

 11:41am  up 4 days,  9:10,  8 users,  load average: 1.13, 1.26, 1.18