Re: User demographics

In message <35F019AF.2D9880B6@csrlink.net>, dloss@csrlink.net writes:
>Roger Dingledine wrote:
>>
>> What's a good way to ask that three
>> dimensional matrix for children? I don't want to make them spend too much
>> time in the demographics section..but I want to get good information from
>> there, and that definitely qualifies as good information.
>
>How about:
>
>Please list ages and genders of any children living with you.
>
>That may be badly worded, but I was trying to get a feel for children
>who would actually use the computers the respondent uses.

Well, I'd like to have something that is fully clickable, so to
speak. A big text box where we say "write it in" could work, but
it would be difficult to collate answers and report statistics
and such.

But then, I don't see a good way of doing this while still getting
as much detail as we want. I guess we can put a text box, and tell
people to "put one child per line, in the specified format", and then
parse data out of each line (and throw out malformed lines). Can
anybody think of a better solution than this, though?

--Roger