Re: educational software questions in the survey

Doug wrote:
> I notice that the request for a few educational software questions is
> still in the survey. Does this mean that I should try again (I wrote
> some a while ago), or that that section just hasn't been updated yet?
     The whole software issue, including the educational, is something
that we have to really focus on to get at properly. I've added some info
already to the Alternative page, based on Bob's email, but I left the
educational software stuff where it was. If nobody objects, I'd like to
move all the remainder of the application-type specific survey questions
(which is to say the educational software questions) to the alternative
page for the time being.
     My concern here is that we may get sidetracked from the original
goal of finding out info to make the OS better. Don't get me wrong -
software is the reason why folks would switch in the first place (and my
reason for getting involved here four short months ago).
     Perhaps the specific software issues should be on another page for
now. Any takers?

> And was there any thought about starting the survey with some
> definitions of terms and a statement of purpose/intent?
     Can somebody help me out here: Is there a way to code a link so
that it will force the browser to spawn another for the new page? I'm
thinking about this as it would permit the survey respondant to have
access to the definitions on another page without getting their place in
the survey confused. Any ideas / suggestions?

--
Pete St. Onge - McGill U.  Limnology - Fun with Ropes & Buckets
pete@seul.org                  http://wwp.mirabilis.com/4322052