From: Adrian Feiguin <feiguin@magnet.fsu.edu>
To: Scigraphica <scigraphica-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Scigraphica-devel] ANNOUNCE: SciGraphica-0.7.0

 I'm pleased to announce the new release of Scigraphica with bugfixes and
enhancements.

 Among other things, embedding images is now possible, as well as setting
background images for the plots. Clipboard for plots: copy a plot, and
paste it on a different plot window. Improved PostScript and WYSIWYG.
It includes pysga.py, a Python module for interacting with plots and
worksheets from terminal. New scheme for storing numerical data in
worksheets. Examples are included.

 Scigraphica is a powerful tool for scientific graphics and data analysis.

 It pretends to be a clone of the popular commercial (and expensive)
application "Microcal Origin". It fully supplies plotting features for 2D,
3D and polar charts.

 The aim is to obtain a fully-featured, cross-plattform, user-friendly,
self-growing scientific application. It is free and open-source, released
under the GPL license.

Main features:

-You can plot functions and manipulate data in worksheets.
-You can open several worksheets and plots and work with them at the same
time.
-The plots are fully configurable using a control panel dialog.
-The look and feel is completely WYSIWYG.
-Publication quality PostScript output.
-You can interact with the plots double-clicking, dragging and moving
objects with the mouse.
-Export/Import features in XML format.
-You can insert Python expressions in the worksheets.
-Terminal with command-line Python interface for interacting with plots
and worksheets

Enjoy!
The SciGraphica Team.-

TODO for sg-0.8.0:
sg-0.8.0 will have a completely different structure, more modular, built
ontop of reusable libraries. SGplot, SGworksheet, SGlayer, and SGdataset
will be GtkWidgets and part of a shareable library, that could be used by
other applications, and from Python.