Re: [seul-sci] For discussion

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 01:10:02AM -0500, Pete St. Onge wrote:

> Perhaps the best suggestion I can make is for all of us on this list to send
> a short intro message describing ourselves and out interest in Linux and
> Science / Engineering and Research.

Whee, I'll go next!

I'm rather the odd man out on this list -- I'm not in a scientific
field, nor am I working on any of the projects affiliated with
SEUL/sci.  I am, however, a friend of Pete.  So, I'm here to help out
with miscellaneous administrative tasks and website work.

I'm the sysadmin for a small-to-medium ISP in Southeastern Missouri,
USA.  I've used computers in various forms almost since birth.  A few
years back I discovered Linux -- I reformatted my hard drive and never
looked back (I'm also a BSD advocate).

I'm not really a coder -- as a sysadmin, I'm constantly writing Perl
(when I have to) and Python (becase I love Python) scripts to glue
things together, process logs, or provide tools to the tech support
staff.  However, my C skill is nearly nonexistent, though I'm hoping
to change that once I get some more free time (yeah, right).

If you're looking for a more detailed biography, the most coherent one
is at http://www.linuxchix.org/docs/chix/amalone.html.

Anyway, if at any time you need a small tool written, or have
something you want added to the web page, let me know!  I'd be glad to
help out.  It's why I'm here. :)

--
Aaron Malone (aaron@semo.net) (or aaron@seul.org)
System Administrator