[tor-dev] [GSoC] CONIKS for Tor Messenger - Status report #6

Hi everyone,

This is my sixth status report for my GSOC project.

There are not much for this recent weeks since we (my mentors and I)
are concentrating on reviewing/refactoring code.

1- Development of the CONIKS protocol library:
The pull for this issue is at
https://github.com/coniks-sys/coniks-go/pull/64. It’s almost done.
However, we opened new ticket for discussion over key lookup & key
monitoring function (issue #70).

2- Starting integrating CONIKS into Tor Messenger
There’re currently 2 pulls for the integration
(https://github.com/arlolra/ctypes-otr/pulls). We also probably would
do some refactoring on the cgo client library, the idea is to wrap all
client tasks into this library, and then the server’s responses would
be passed in the library instead of unmarshalling the response and
passing them into separate functions as now.

3- Fixing bugs and making improvements based on our discussions/feedbacks

Basically, there’re many things need to be done before the end of GSoC.
We probably cannot merge all the implemented features into master
branch before the end of GSoC,
so I’m working on a separate branch that merged all pulls so far, the
main purpose is
to have a working prototype for my GSoC.

Best,
Huy