Re: [tor-dev] Alternative Implementations of Tor

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016, at 11:01 AM, Alexander Færøy wrote:
> There is, to my knowledge, currently only one implementation of Tor that
> is actively in use on the production network, which is the C
> implementation. I'm aware of a Haskell implementation made by Galois,

Not sure how widely implemented it is, but Orchid was a formally
implemented version of Tor in Java, by the Toronto-based Subgraph group:
https://subgraph.com/orchid/index.en.html

It was, at one point, integrated into the Martus human rights
documentation platform.

The developers are likely on this list, or if not, easily reachable to
ask for any lessons learned.

+n