Re: IPV6 address support on exit nodes

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, coderman wrote:

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 3:08 AM, Bjoern A. Zeeb
<bzeeb-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When it comes to AAAA lookups and what to do, I'd do whatever the
resovler on the host does. I talked to ayourtch last weekend.  Some
people have plans to implement draft-wing-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-ipv6
but I think we'll still see adjustments to the draft.

it would be nice to "pass the buck" for resolver behavior to host,
however, this exposes partitioning and functional difficulties. Tor
must be consistent and resilient in its resolver behavior.

the happy eyeballs approach is aggressive but effective. downside is
roughly twice the circuit creation per stream on average than the
current case.

why would that be given the router (exit node) would do the resolving
on behalf of the proxy and initiate multiple connects.  That should be
transparent to the proxy and OR network, shouldn't it?

/bz

         Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.