[tor-dev] Research repository [was: Master's Thesis]

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Paul Syverson
<paul.syverson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > https://petsymposium.org/2011/papers/hotpets11-final10Syverson.pdf
>>
>> Nice paper. Wonder why it isn't in anonbib too. I am used to keep a
>> bookmark on anonbib as a central repository of anonymity research
>>
>> I will add a bibtext entry. If anyone else discovers missing papers
>> please email me and I will add bibtext entries for them.
>
> written about onion routing aren't in anonbib. Not sure why that is,
> nor why, given some of the other papers by myself and others that are
> highlighted as especially important, why arguably the most important

> destinations) aren't highlighted (or even included in the latter

> personal webpage more than once every two years while I'm at it and

> might look at http://www.onion-router.net/Publications.html for at
> least the earlier ones. Cf. also the bibliography of "A Peel of Onion"

Is there a project to collect, index and archive all the relevant papers
from all the various internet sites, homepages, anonbib, etc... into
one central, easily mirrored and referenced repository? git would
seem more useful for this than the various disparate http resouces
of uncommon design. If the fame of the original site is needed that
would be included in the commit or a per paper paired metadata file.
This model could be extended to multimedia formats of papers via
rsync, with the index being git'd. The index itself could of course
be stored in git in html format to point browser at locally, or even
remotely over gitweb as the possible internet frontend.

There may be volnteers on tor-talk if fwd there.