Re: [tor-dev] Prop259 simulator and results

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 6:10 AM, George Kadianakis <desnacked@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since time is stopped while we're choosing guards we have to come with a
> different metric for this. And it also requires detecting the network time.

Hm, what do you mean by "detecting the network time"?

Should be "detecting the network type" (for knowing when the network is up). I blame muscle-memory.

I think the approach you mentioned above where you add some time cost to
connections (2 seconds for successful and 4 for failures), should work for
quantifying the time here, right?

I guess so. At least a ballpark estimate.
FWIW, I have no idea if 2 and 4 seconds are good numbers. They could be. To
make sure, you could try launching Tor and actually measure how much time it
spends on dead guards and how much time it spends on alive guards.

We neither. We just wanted to make failures more expensive than successes.

--
Reinaldo de Souza JrÂ| Software Developer
ThoughtWorks |Âwww.thoughtworks.com

GPG: EF84 6530 67A5 1559 5554 ÂD8B2 954A 6BEF AF74 ACD7