Re: [tor-dev] Tor Launcher UI feedback follow up

On 5/13/13 3:49 AM, Roger Dingledine wrote:

2) I really like the "Configure" and "Connect" word choices. Hopefully
our users will get it too. :)

Agreed. Obviously, if we discover that TBB users are confused, the words can be changed.

3) As for which order to present the options in, I agree with Tom that
Connect makes more sense on top. Tor has hundreds of thousands of users,
and most of them have no idea what a bridge is. I expect the help desk
will get flooded with "I tried to run your thing and I clicked on the
first thing and now it doesn't work help" mails if we leave Configure as
the top thing to click on. "I wanted to make all the users read it in case
it applied to them" is alas a poor reason for interrupting the user flow.

Thanks!
--Roger

OK.  We are convinced.  Connect is now presented first.

-- Kathy