Re: [tor-dev] Summary of meek's costs, April 2015

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Mike Perry <mikeperry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yikes!
>
> Given your costs, it also seems worthwhile for us to fund development to
> improve this situation, so that meek remains a transport of last resort
> rather than people's first choice.
>
> Here's a couple options:
>
> 1. We can add a browser notification box for meek users that either

Upon meek's first reports I wondered about costs and
if users were just picking it on whim. I'd suggest Tor
present some sort of ordered choice list that needs
affirmative education and interactive ack to use.
Increasing on cost or capability to encourage use of
least common denominator. Possibly even an automated
test. 1) plain client 2) obfs / bridge 3) meek
I don't follow these tech so such list could already exist.