Re: [tor-dev] Trac priorities and severities

On 14 Oct 2015, at 23:13, George Kadianakis <desnacked@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David Goulet <dgoulet@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

On 07 Oct (11:56:32), David Goulet wrote:
Hello tor-dev!

While 028 bug triaging, we realized that we *really* need priorities to
not be a banana field deprive of useful meaning. If you are unaware or
don't remember, the priority field in a trac ticket can be:

   blocker critical major normal minor trivial

Those are "severities" *NOT* priorities. Now I propose the following:

1) I take those above and copy them to the already existing but empty
severity field. They seem reasonable and we are used to them.

P.S
For now, when you open a ticket, there are no default for both since
there is a bug in trac that doesn't allow me to change it. I've pinged
a sysadmin so hopefully will be resolved soon.

Thanks for the transitioning!

FWIW, it seems that the current default Priority for new tickets is
"Immediate" and the default Severity is "Blocker".  This might cause
people who don't know how trac works, submitting stressfull trac tickets.

And every time I edit an existing ticket, it gets severity âBlockerâ, because thereâs no severity assigned.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP 968F094B

teor at blah dot im
OTR CAD08081 9755866D 89E2A06F E3558B7F B5A9D14F