Re: [tor-relays] NHS UK blocking Tor?

Right - so this seems to confirm that they are indeed blocking Tor - and not just exits - I'm running a middle relay.

I've contacted them via a web form asking why they block all Tor relay IPs. Tips on what I should tell then if/when they get back to me tomorrow? Was currently planning on at least explaining the difference between middle and exit relays.

Chris

On 15 April 2014 00:50, Pepijn Le Heux <pepijn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 15 apr. 2014, at 00:50, Scott Bennett <bennett@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris Whittleston <csw34@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Can someone else running a relay from their home connection confirm that
>> they get an 'Access denied' error from http://www.nhs.uk? I've checked with
>> someone using the same ISP in the flat above me and they seem able to
>> access the site just fine, as can I via mobile internet so I'm down to
>> suspecting that they are blocking all Tor relay IPs. This is the exact
>> error I get:
>> Access DeniedYou don't have permission to access "http://www.nhs.uk/" on
>> this server.
>>
>> Reference #18.1f7f1002.1397514736.1fe2170c
>> The reference seems to change each time I visit. If this does turn out to
>> be them blocking Tor - advice on how to approach contacting them to resolve
>> this would be appreciated.
>>
> Â Â I closed the tab without noting the Reference #, so I can't comment,
> but yes, it did deny access. ÂMy relay is MYCROFTsOtherChild, and it and I
> are in Illinois.

Same situation here.
I have an IP-adres with a non-exit relay, the IP seems blocked, from Amsterdam, NL.
nhs.uk works fine from another IP that I have and from mobile.

Pepijn

> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ÂScott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
> * Internet:  bennett at sdf.org  *or*  bennett at freeshell.org  *

Dr Chris WhittlestonÂæä
Department of Chemistry
University of Cambridge