Re: [tor-relays] Unreachable ORPort - Potential ISP block?

On April 5, 2015 9:32:37 PM CJ Barlow <iamthechong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm attempting to run a Relay but I haven't been able to get it the ORPort
to be confirm as reachable. I've tried lots of things but I'm hoping there
is something I haven't thought of yet that can make this work! I've got a
50Mbps symmetrical connection (without data caps) that I would love to have
the Tor network utilize.

Hardware info:
- Asus RT-N66U running DD-WRT
- Raspberry Pi 2 running Raspbian
- SanDisk MicroSDHC UHS-I 16GB

Here are all the steps I've taken:
- Formatted the MicroSDHC with Win32DiskImager.
- Followed the Instructables Raspberry Pi Tor Relay configuration guide.
- Port forwarded via NAT/QoS then Port Forwarding. Protocol is set to TCP,
double-checked IP is what is assigned to Raspberry Pi 2 and enable box is
checked.
- ORPort set to 9001. Also changed ORPort to 443, did "sudo service tor
reload" and changed the port in the forwarding section of my router.
- Tried router DMZ for Raspberry Pi LAN IP.

I would really like to get this to work, if possible. I can't run an Exit
node on my connection but since my connection sits unused for most of the
day it should be put to good relay use.

Could you provide your fingerprint ?
--
Sincerely yours / Sincères salutations / M.f.G.

Sebastian Urbach

Religion is fundamentally opposed to
everything I hold in veneration - courage,
clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and,
above all, love of the truth.