Re: [tor-relays] Unreachable ORPort - Potential ISP block?

Looking around it seems it could be that it is Raspbian's firewall.

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: iamthechong@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 13:31:49 -0600
To: tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tor-relays] Unreachable ORPort - Potential ISP block?

I'm attempting to run a Relay but I haven't been able to get it the ORPort to be confirm as reachable. I've tried lots of things but I'm hoping there is something I haven't thought of yet that can make this work! I've got a 50Mbps symmetrical connection (without data caps) that I would love to have the Tor network utilize.

Hardware info:
- Asus RT-N66U running DD-WRT
- Raspberry Pi 2 running Raspbian
- SanDisk MicroSDHC UHS-I 16GB

Here are all the steps I've taken:
- Formatted the MicroSDHC with Win32DiskImager.
- Followed the Instructables Raspberry Pi Tor Relay configuration guide.
- Port forwarded via NAT/QoS then Port Forwarding. Protocol is set to TCP, double-checked IP is what is assigned to Raspberry Pi 2 and enable box is checked.
- ORPort set to 9001. Also changed ORPort to 443, did "sudo service tor reload" and changed the port in the forwarding section of my router.
- Tried router DMZ for Raspberry Pi LAN IP.

I would really like to get this to work, if possible. I can't run an Exit node on my connection but since my connection sits unused for most of the day it should be put to good relay use.