Re: [tor-relays] Making use of new bandwidth

Am 08.04.2019 06:38, teor wrote:
On 8 Apr 2019, at 13:00, Conrad Rockenhaus <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If Tor doesn't scale on multicore CPUs, setting NumCPUs to 2 and
running two threads has no effect at all on throughput?

On most systems, Tor automatically sets NumCPUs to the number of
physical CPU cores.

Yeah, I tested it once. (Intel XEON E3-1270 v2 + 32GB RAM)
NumCPUs not set: tor runs with 8 threads. With NumCPUs=2: only with 2 threads.

--
Ciao Marco!

I dream of a Talos II Mainboard (Board Only) under $ 500 ;-)