Re: [tor-relays] circuit ends in myself

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 06:23:34PM -0400, cmeclax-sazri wrote:
> Correction: *three* circuits end in myself. Could this have anything to do
> with a hidden service? My Torchat is up but has not found myself online yet,
> and none of my buddies are online.

Assuming you're a relay, those would be the reachability and bandwidth
test circuits. Your relay builds a circuit back to itself to make sure
other people can too; then it builds a couple more and sends 500KB
divided over them, to bootstrap the capacity estimate that it publishes
in its descriptor.

There are some open bugs for Tor to help Vidalia distinguish between the
circuits that users think of as circuits and other types of circuits,
and then for Vidalia to visualize them differently in some way. It will
happen quicker if somebody helps. :)

--Roger