Re: [tor-relays] How to block IP address on exit node relay

For an enter policy, there is the ExcludeNodes config option, which defines relays or locales never to be used in circuits.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 11:48 PM, krishna e bera <keb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 13-08-26 04:57 PM, Piotrkowska wrote:
> I am running an exit node under reduced exit policy on a VPS. My
> provider requested that I block a specific IP address due to spam
> issues. I'm guessing I should add a line in the torrc file. Can
> anyone tell me the exact line I have to add to the torrc file to
> block the address?
>
> Something like: "reject 12.34.567.89" ?

Yes that exit policy would work, assuming that your provider wants to
block traffic from your exit node having that ip address as its
*destination*.  You could specify a specific port as well, to avoid
blocking non-spam traffic of different types to that machine.

If your provider intends for traffic having that ip address as its
*origin* to be blocked, you will not be able to do so at your exit node.
 I don't know of any such thing as an "entry policy" nor recommendations
for tor relay operators other than using good security practices to fend
off attacks.