Re: [tor-relays] always this way?

On Aug 29, 2013, at 8:02 PM, That Guy wrote:

Signed PGP part
Am not new to Tor bur am to the mailing list and running a relay and I
have noticed and endless amount of legal concerns and not just on exit
nodes.  People running non-exit relays getting booted out by their
VPS/ISP provider.  I am just curious if it is getting worse or has it
been this way for a while.  I want to help/encourage others to run
relays but a recent submission about the guy who got his friend to run
a relay and (not-so)Freenode shut down his VPS.  Is this only going to
get worse? What happens then?

I'm not sure if it's much of a data point, but I've been running a relay node for a month on a residential cable modem (Charter in the U.S.) with no issues (yet).  I throttle it to ~2Mb/s though (my upload is only 3Mb/s).

-D