Re: [tor-relays] BWauth no-consensus state in effect

Am Mittwoch, 5. August 2015 13:26 schrieb Tim Sammut <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Thank you for the note, Roman.

On 08/05/2015 12:07 PM, Roman Mamedov wrote:
On Wed, 5 Aug 2015 10:58:30 +0100
Tim Sammut <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That said, it raises the partially-rhetorical question: should I spend
my $x/month on running a relay or could that money be better used in
other places?

Generally depends on if you are getting a good deal on bandwidth, i.e. how
many terabytes per month for your $x. But I see you are running a relay in
Costa Rica, where servers and bandwidth must be much more expensive than e.g.
in Europe. I'm not sure how useful a relay in an exotic location, if it's
expensive to run and pushes very little traffic. Maybe others can comment.

I think it is reasonably priced; $20USD/month for unmetered 100Mb/s.

I am willing to contribute money to Tor because I believe in what it
supports. I also believe in small and local businesses, which is why I
have the relay in CR where I lived at the time.

Now thats great! If youre able to run a relay in "exotic Places" you should do so imho. It increases diversity of the whole network. So far its more beneficial as running a relay in high density areas or more common places! Just as using small business provider instead of the common big and maybe cheaper ones.