Re: [tor-relays] New Relay

On 2/16/18 08:11, Gary wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I recently set up a new relay, jaffacakemonster2, I would be grateful if
> someone could answer some questions for me.
>
> 1. The bandwidth on Atlas is listed as "0". Is this a wait a few
> days/new relay issue or a configuration issue. I was surprised to find
> exit relays are default now, I hope I didn't disable too much so to speak.

It's 0 because you're a new relay and haven't been measured yet.

All you need to do to stop being an exit is "ExitRelay 0" in your torrc.
What else did you disable?

> 2. My family on Atlas - the little numbers in brackets are not all the
> same, I only run two relays, however on the listings it reports
> sometimes two sometimes three. Are you meant to include "yourself" in
> the torrc or only other relays??

Relays can include themselves in their MyFamily. It doesn't hurt and
doesn't cause issues.

Right now I only see 2 on jaffacakemonster2 and 1 on jaffacakemonster.
Seeing 3 would be weird, because in order for a pair of relays to be in
the same family, they must both list each other in their torrcs.

Thank you for running a relay. If you haven't read this blog post yet,
you may want to.

https://blog.torproject.org/lifecycle-new-relay

Matt