Re: [tor-relays] This is what you get....compile problem OSX10.4

On 1/24/2012 1:30 PM, Geoff Down wrote:
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 12:55 PM, Andrew Lewman wrote:
Fwiw, this was written for 10.4 back when we had a 10.4 build machine,
https://gitweb.torproject.org/vidalia.git/blob/HEAD:/pkg/osx/build-bundle.txt#l65

In theory, it should still work.
It does, with some minor modifications for arch and whatnot; this is what I use to build the Vidalia bundle for Japnonymous. It just assumes you build all your libs yourself, instead of using macports.
  Justin's guidance got me through it - relay up and running! Can I stick
  with this method in future?
Glad to hear it! There shouldn't be any issues in the future now that you know which paths to use.
A couple of final questions:
Now I have the latest Libevent and OpenSSL, do I still need 'export
EVENT_NOKQUEUE=1' in my Tor invocation script?
This one's beyond me, sorry.
How do I make 'make install' install to /Library/Tor rather than
/usr/local/bin ?
This should be as simple as adding --prefix=/Library/Tor to the configure command. There's a lot more directory fine-tuning available if you want/need it, you can get a list with ./configure --help
No OSX10.4 build machine now as well as no OSX10.3 . All that old
hardware going to waste.
If I'm not mistaken, I think the devtools for 10.5 can backport to 10.4, and I know that the 10.4 devtools can build for 10.2 and 10.3. Well, in theory, at least; I've never tried it myself.

~Japlin