Re: [tor-relays] Running a relay, only, in win7

> I think it is much easier to start a VM with debian or something on your Win7, and run Tor there.

If this were the case I'd be better off by modifying the tor-browser and leave it running, but I'm concerned by the resources it would take. The browser alone, freshly started, eats up some 300k of memory. Browsing and all and it gets pretty hungry, not to mention there will be some amount of CPU usage, too. I wonder how the VM would fare in this matter.

Even if I say I need to use win7 these days that doesn't mean I'm looking for an easy way to do it; as many steps as there are required, that's how many I'll take, but I'd rather be tor alone that runs, not a whole army. Is it possible or am I chasing a dream? Maybe reuse torrc and the tor key from linux (actually, that was what I was hoping for)?

Vlad