Re: [tor-relays] Tor 0.3.2.9 Linux - too slow to handle this many circuit creation requests

Fyi - since upgrading to 0.3.2.9 I also noticed an increase of CPU load as also RAM consumption on my fast fall back Dir relay(!)
Warning messages filling my logs..

Will try to set the MaxAdvertisedBandwith option and reporting back...

Jan 19 11:23:05.000 [warn] Your computer is too slow to handle this many circuit creation requests! Please consider using the MaxAdvertisedBandwidth config option or choosing a more restricted exit policy. [38516 similar message(s) suppressed in last 60 seconds]
Jan 19 11:34:12.000 [warn] Your computer is too slow to handle this many circuit creation requests! Please consider using the MaxAdvertisedBandwidth config option or choosing a more restricted exit policy. [3642 similar message(s) suppressed in last 60 seconds]
Jan 19 11:35:12.000 [warn] Your computer is too slow to handle this many circuit creation requests! Please consider using the MaxAdvertisedBandwidth config option or choosing a more restricted exit policy. [47515 similar message(s) suppressed in last 60 seconds]

A few people have reported increased RAM usage recently, on and off list.
It may be the next stage of the extra load.
It even happens on relays with the destroy cell fix.

On my machine, Tor used too much RAM and started swapping.
Please use the advice in previous threads to reduce connections and RAM.

If it keeps going, we will analyse the traffic and make code changes.