Re: [tor-relays] network traffic gap of >=20% between inbount and outbound traffic vanished after 20th of July

> On 31 Jul 2017, at 05:26, Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Signed PGP part
>
> I do wonder, what's causing this.

Which relay fingerprint(s)?
Did you upgrade your Tor version?

> As seen in the attachment

Please don't post byte-level traffic statistics, it might make some
users less safe.

(We are working on making all statistics contain enough noise to hide
typical user activity.)

> since the last week incoming load matrches outgoing load. In the last 2-3 years I had always up to 20-25% more in- than outgoing traffic w/o any real clue, why.

Is your relay a directory mirror or HSDir?
Is your relay an exit?

Any relay that turns cells into data connections can show a difference
between inbound and outbound traffic if the cells are partly empty.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org