Re: [tor-relays] Exit policy question

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 11:24 AM, mick <mbm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think you may have mis-interpreted the meaning of "top-posting". And
> the rest of your rant suggests that may not be all you don't understand.

He did, maybe he's not familiar with mailing lists, so here is info
about top-posting:
http://idallen.com/topposting.html

Also, to everyone who complains about top posting, stop using mutt and
get an email client with conversation threading, is much more
comfortable.

To the OP, the amount of complaints you will have also depends on your
ISP. Go to torstatus and copy the emails of everyone with your ISP.
(copy the emails of people in your country, and then check who has the
same ISP with whois). Select only the ones that are exit nodes. Send
them an email asking for advice, and if they had any trouble with the
ISP before.

Read your ISP's acceptable use policy and check if it says something
about Tor or proxy servers. If not, maybe isn't a bad a idea to
contact them and have a confirmation that is ok to run an exit node.
Remember to put the tor exit notice on the IP address on port 80
this one:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git?a=blob_plain;hb=HEAD;f=contrib/tor-exit-notice.html