Re: [tor-relays] Exit policy question

>On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 11:24 AM, mick <mbm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think you may have mis-interpreted the meaning of "top-posting". And
>> the rest of your rant suggests that may not be all you don't understand.
>>

>He did, maybe he's not familiar with mailing lists, so here is info about top-
>posting:
>http://idallen.com/topposting.html
>
>Also, to everyone who complains about top posting, stop using mutt and get
>an email client with conversation threading, is much more comfortable.
>
>To the OP, the amount of complaints you will have also depends on your ISP.
>Go to torstatus and copy the emails of everyone with your ISP.
>(copy the emails of people in your country, and then check who has the same
>ISP with whois). Select only the ones that are exit nodes. Send them an email
>asking for advice, and if they had any trouble with the ISP before.
>
>Read your ISP's acceptable use policy and check if it says something about Tor
>or proxy servers. If not, maybe isn't a bad a idea to contact them and have a
>confirmation that is ok to run an exit node.
>Remember to put the tor exit notice on the IP address on port 80 this one:
>https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git?a=blob_plain;hb=HEAD;f=contrib/tor-
>exit-notice.html

Thanks for the advice.  For now, I decided to set up an exit for port 80 and 443 only.   I will probably leave it like this for a while and see how it goes.    If all goes well I will switch over to the reduced exit policy.  Thanks for all the advice.

mick,
My IP address resolves to "tor-proxy" and I have the Tor webpage set up on port 80.  I have also spoken with my hosting company and they said that they did not have a policy against Tor.  They told me that if they receive a lot of complaints, they might set up an ACL on specific ports.  Their official response was therefore to give it a try and see how it goes.  I guess worse case I can switch back to a middle node.  They are a small company with great customer service, so I think they will try to be accommodating.  I did check for them on the network status page looking for relays which resolved to their domain, not the best method,  and only found two other nodes, both middle.