Re: [tor-relays] Tor bridges with AWS

You don't need tor installed on your local machine to contribute to the Tor network by running a AWS-based relay.

Did you spin up an AWS EC2 micro instance using the image on cloud.torproject.org? If so, then (at least in principle) you don't need to do anything more, but it's probably a good idea to ssh in and check to see that everything is running. You could also edit your torrc to supply the correct contact info and give your relay a special name!

---
Justin R. Porter

On 6/6/14, 03:16 vorm., CD wrote:
I want to contribute to Tor, maybe I mean relay? That's why they suggested the easiest way was thru AWS. So I got an account that's free, sort of. Thanks for replying.

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Runa A. Sandvik <runa.sandvik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 6:05 PM, CD <bajayadayada@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've signed up to AWS with Tor's instructions for bridges. I've intalled Tor
> on my PC. Wondering how to proceed. Am obviously an illiterate newbie, so
> any links for a basic knowledge-base would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
> advance.

What are you trying to do? Do you want to use your own bridge?

--
Runa A. Sandvik

http://about.me/carlos.duran