Re: [tor-relays] Who is running the two biggest Exits in the network?

> On 27 May 2017, at 02:28, Nagaev Boris <bnagaev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 3:26 PM, nusenu <nusenu-lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Since about mid April there are just two similar Exits making up now about 4.5% exit probability together.
>>> Located in Panama, run in the okservers.net network, AS395978 ,they don’t give up any further information about themselves.
>>>
>>> Personally I would feel better at least having a contact or even better, knowing who is giving that much effort.
>>> Probably a MyFamily configuration should be placed as well?

This isn't necessary, the relays will only be used by clients
in the exit position.

>>> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/29C92C854E0F6652A77F3A8B231D6932993969E8
>>>
>>> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/2CA4B2F36C2DDECFCB0B5A0D3300ED30E68E2D62
>>
>> this post contains a few pints about these relay's location (more likely
>> in Germany than Panama):
>> http://www.hackerfactor.com/blog/index.php?/archives/762-Attacked-Over-Tor.html
>> https://twitter.com/nusenu_/status/861189840796344320
>
> From the article: "The registration information bounces between
> multiple countries and never actually identifies the source. And they
> were all registered recently. If you talk to any cybersleuths about
> identity theft, spam, online fraud, scams, and fronts, they will tell
> you that misleading registration and bouncing between countries is a
> big red flag. This is some type of front. And it's deep enough to
> either be organized crime or a nation-state." Does it mean that
> several percent of exit traffic go through nodes that are likely to be
> "organized crime or a nation-state"?

Or maybe just someone who is using state-of-the-art techniques to keep
their identity private?

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n