Re: [tor-relays] New exit node best practices

Hi Isaac,

> After many months of running a relay, I'm planning to establish up a
> family of exit nodes with geographically diverse VPS providers,

thanks for caring about geo-diversity!

> Several questions: - Does establishing a family increase the risk of
> the nodes being taken down en masse?

I don't think so (if you are not using a single provider).

> - Do you suggest providing ample contact information for the node
> directory, as opposed to little or none?

Please provide a ContactInfo via your torrc so we can reach you in case
of problems with your relays.

> - I'm being very upfront with sales@ regarding my purpose before
> signing up, and making sure they're okay with it.

That is great.

> What questions should I be asking to be sure they'll be Tor friendly
> before shutting down my exit nodes?

Often you will find out only after they see the actual abuses coming in,
but another fine method is to ask for custom WHOIS so the abuse emails
go to your email address directly.
(you will not get that from VPS hosters)

please update this wiki page with your ISP results/answers:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/GoodBadISPs

thanks,
nusenu
--