Re: [tor-relays] List of Relays' Available SSH Auth Methods

Fail2Ban works really well. Shifting to a non standard port only stops the scriptkids from having too much automated options and does not do anything for actual security. For this reason I personally never bothered with that. Non standard username and password auth with fail2ban makes brute forcing practically impossible, this is usually how I have things configured.Â

Op 17:46 di 18 nov. 2014 schreefÂZack Weinberg <zackw@xxxxxxx>:
On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Toralf FÃrster <toralf.foerster@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/18/2014 04:28 PM, Jeroen Massar wrote:
>> People should realize though that it is not 'safer' in any way running
>> SSH on another port.
>
> But it is (slightly) more expensive - which counts, or ?

In my limited experience, moving SSH to another port made no apparent
difference to the number of random attempts to break in. I'd
recommend fail2ban or equivalent instead.

zw