Re: [tor-relays] max / burst speed

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Andreas Reich <reich.andi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> well, i dont know exactly but since there are more middle then exit nodes
> maybe there is no need for larger bandwiths ...
>
> My middle node has a maxbandwith of 250 KBytes and isnt under full load
> either.
>
> So far i dont have any ideas why your node dont use the full bandwith ...
> sorry
>
> greetings
> Andreas
>
> Am 27.09.2011 16:07, schrieb Sebastian Urbach:
>
> Am Tue, 27 Sep 2011 15:48:10 +0200
> schrieb Andreas Reich <reich.andi@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> do you have Accounting enabled in your torrc file?
> Although even with AccountingMax your relay should run with its
> Bandwith settings, until the Accounting Options are met.
>
> No, i dont.
>
> Is your relay a middle or exit node?
>
> Middle node.

I can't speak for others, those with large amounts of BW usage or even
those with lower BW usage, but I know I never in the past 2 years have
never come close to using my available bandwidth.

I maybe wrong in this assumption, but I am thinking , at least now,
that there are certain nodes that dont get a large amount of traffic
like they used to, that the BW is more distributed among those nodes
that are available.

Hopefully someone will jump in and clarify this better.