Re: [tor-relays] is a KVM fine for a first quick test to setup a tor exit node

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Toralf FÃrster <toralf.foerster@xxxxxx> wrote:
I do have here a Gentoo Linux and a KVM (Gentoo too) - now I'm wondering if I can just emerge the Gentoo Tor package here in the KVM and play with it or should I prepare few things before to avoid that it will be used by the Tor network immediately ?

HI Toralf,
A new relay node "gets basically no use the first few days"[1], furthermore there is always the DisableNetwork[2] option. So, you should be fine doing whatever. Have fun.

[1]:Âhttps://blog.torproject.org/blog/lifecycle-of-a-new-relay
[2]:Âhttps://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-manual.html.en

-Jeremy