Re: [tor-talk] New Browser Bundle

----- Original Message -----

From: Joe Btfsplk

Sent: 11/07/11 03:15 AM

To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Re: [tor-talk] New Browser Bundle

On 11/3/2011 8:46 PM, andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 01:30:00AM -0400, zzretro999@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 4.2K bytes in 100 lines about:
> :  Any reason for this? Even after I unchecked "enable globally" I started to surf
> :  and then noticed a different icon on the top of the window of Aurora where it
> :  now shows an icon for 'Tor enabled" and 'NoScript'.
>
> The current draft of the TBB design document is here,
> https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/
>
> It should help explain the choices made in TBB so far. Feedback is
> welcome.
I can't imagine cookies or _javascript_ being enabled globally.  I won't
leave those default settings.   Cookies from "regular old web sites"
aren't necessarily the benign "little files a web site places on your
computer to enhance the use of our site," that they used to be.  Maybe
need to read up on what "little old cookies" from avg sites can do now.
Having them enabled globally - in Tor or regular Firefox - doesn't seem
like a good idea.  Nor does having _javascript_ globally enabled.

I agree but that is what happened after I found them enabled and disabled them!
They changed back to "enable globally" and that freaked me out. Actually, freaked me
in as I refused for a while to "go ou"t surfing. I have to understand this NoScript but since
the very first time I ever used it, I didn't like it. I felt uncomfortable as I perceived
confusing contradictions or things that just seemed misleading to me. This requires
a bright tech-mind and I am not that person.

Looking at a blueprint takes me a long time before I finally go, "oh, there's the porch.
I can see it now."  Two minutes later, I can't see it!"