Re: [tor-talk] copying old profile to new Aurora not working

You're still doing it wrong, man.

As I said the last time you shot yourself in the foot doing this
copying the wrong way
(https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2011-October/021772.html):

  I would recommend just overwriting your old TBB dir with the new data.
  Sometimes we change prefs+create new ones, which could cause bugs for
  you when you copy old-over-new.

  If there are a lot of prefs you need to change, you (or we) might also
  be doing it wrong. Might I ask which ones you need to keep?

Thus spake Joe Btfsplk (joebtfsplk@xxxxxxx):

> I upgraded to latest TBB 2.2.34-3 in Vista.  I usually copy my profile
> from previous version of TBB / Aurora into new version, so as not to
> have to redo some custom settings or reinstall a few extensions I have
> in TBB.
>
> This time, after copying the profile from older TBB & replacing the
> default profile in 2.2.34-3 (in path E:\Temp\Tor Browser\TBB
> 2.2.34-3\Tor Browser\FirefoxPortable\Data\profile), none of the
> extensions show up as installed when launching TBB.  Copying was done w/
> all TBB versions closed.  I've never had a problem before copying or
> restoring a previous profile into a newer version of Aurora (or
> Firefox), where all the extensions didn't even show up in the Addons Mgr
> of new version.
>
> But the extensions that don't show as installed in latest TBB Addons Mgr
> - when it starts, ARE listed in the proper place in Explorer - as in the
> previous TBB version.  So, the extensions ARE in the profile\extensions
> folder, they just aren't showing up in Addons Mgr / Extensions in TBB
> 2.2.34-3.
>
> Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Mike Perry
Exterminate all dogma.