Re: [tor-talk] [SPAM] Please vote for Torservers so we get 1000 Euro

On 10/6/2011 9:21 AM, Damian Johnson wrote:
Done and good luck. :)

-1 for the gpg hassling. Worst case scenario is an evil Moritz
impostor puts out a fair bit of effort to harvest some email
addresses. Oh nos!

If he wanted to sign his messages then fine, but this is hardly critical
Damian, I come in peace. :) You may be correct - it may / may not be critical?? No reason to get defensive over it - I was just asking a question - very nicely, in fact. Didn't intend to "hassle" anyone. I don't think the OP hinted at making Moritz look bad. If he (or many others) perceived it as such, I apologize.

For the record, couldn't anyone (w/ a bit of spamming / spoofing knowledge) sign up for the list, then send email w/ someone's name we're all familiar w/ from Tor Project? Again, just asking a question - & why you're against asking questions on security procedures, when large % of questions posted here involve security? My original point was intended for general procedures, more than one specific email. Sorry if it struck a nerve.

Cheers!