Re: [tor-talk] attacks on Tor hidden services

On 22/10/11 03:50, andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 09:04:27PM +0000, gozu@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 0.6K bytes in 14 lines about:
> : Have Tor developers released any statements concerning the ongoing
> : DDoSing and hacking of Tor hidden services?  The effects seem quite
> : widespread.
>
> I'll ask, what attacks on hidden services?

According to the operator of Freedom Hosting on 2011-10-19:

> Recently FH was the victim of DoS attacks which resulted in
> unavailability of php or mysql on hosted sites.

> A user registered an account and used it to run extremely
> slow mysql queries among other things to purposely harm
> the server.

There's a #OpDarknet press release at <http://pastebin.com/T1LHnzEW>.

Many sites seem unusually unresponsive.  That includes new test sites
that I've created, with addresses that I alone know.  I suspect that
#OpDarknet has figured out how to DDoS Tor.