Re: [tor-talk] attacks on Tor hidden services

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 04:26:53AM +0000, gozu@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 1.1K bytes in 26 lines about:
: According to the operator of Freedom Hosting on 2011-10-19:
: > Recently FH was the victim of DoS attacks which resulted in
: > unavailability of php or mysql on hosted sites.
: > A user registered an account and used it to run extremely
: > slow mysql queries among other things to purposely harm
: > the server.

These aren't attacks on hidden services. These are attacks on php,
mysql, and apache running behind a hidden service.

: that I've created, with addresses that I alone know.  I suspect that
: #OpDarknet has figured out how to DDoS Tor.

I suspect not. I run many hidden services, all are reachable without
issues. There are pleny of bugs in hidden services, and we're working to
fix them. However, this doesn't seem like an attack on hidden services,
but rather the software behind the service. Time will tell.

--
Andrew
pgp key: 0x74ED336B