Welcome back!

Greetings once more.

Galen has graciously offered maintainership of the xarchon project to me, and I have humbly accepted.

I've also taken over the website from Felipe, but if anyone else wants to work on that, I'll gladly turn it over.

So far, I've made some small changes to the website, and I've checked Rob's changes and my changes into the cvs repository. If you check out the latest version you'll get my patch.

I'll be inundating you with more details soon, but for now I'd like to leave you with some questions about the cvs repository.

I'm not totally sure where to go with version numbers and cvs tags. This is the first collaborative project I've worked on, and I'd appreciated everyone's thoughts on keeping things in order.

So far, I'd like to stick roughly to Galen's plan: version 1.0 will enable users to resize the board. I'd like to give people the ability to choose between PC and C64-style play in this version, but I don't know how realistic that is.

Galen suggested including Adept in v2.0. He has since suggested that this is overambitious and perhaps not worthwhile.

SDL was to be incorporated in v3.0. Galen sounds very positive about SDL, so we could move this up to 2.0 or perhaps even earlier.

Odd versions (eg 1.1) are development, even versions (eg1.2) are stable.

It all sounds good to me, but being the anal type that I am, I'm worrying about the details. In particular, how should rob's changes and my changes be numbered right now?

In addition, if anyone has suggestions for build scripts and other automating conveniences, especially ones that are produced or commonly used by SEUL, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks. Talk to you soon!

Mike

--

UNSOUND PRODUCTIONS