New board logic in CVS

I've finally committed my work on the new board logic to the
repository. I'm warning you all now, it's full of bugs! I will be
fixing them as soon as I can, but I thought it best to make what I've
done available.

If you'd like to work on bugfixes, etc to version 0.60, please contact
me before you start. I will create a branch in the repository so fixes
to 0.60 won't interfere with work on the new board logic.

In the meantime, check out the latest and have a stab at it. If you
need help with CVS, just let me know! I'd be glad to assist.

- Mike