Re: XARCHON 3D Character Theme going on

On Monday 14 January 2002 10:55, capmikee@home.martnet.com wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 07:59:19AM +0100, Joerg Osarek wrote:
>
> I remember! I'm really excited to hear that a new theme is coming. We have
> code that supports multiple themes, but it's not being used now. I can
>
> > I discovered two major things:
> > a) the character is pretty fast moving on my computer.
> >    (Pentium 2, 400 MHz, 196 MB Ram) Could that be slowed down?
>
> Otherwise, perhaps you could make some in-between frames for your
> animations to slow them down?

That actually was how I thought to fine-tune animations.

To the end, when reading the graphics, the sprite management notices any files
that are symlinks to others, and doesn't load such images more than once.

Now that the code is in cvs, the symlinks are gone, though.  (I think
generally cvs has a problem with symlinks, but am not sure.)

> Keep up the good work, Joerg! The knight looks great.

Yep, they really are sweet.  ;-)   Thanks for your work, Joerg!