intro

Hello! Is there anyone on this list?

I've finally got my linux machine in order, installed gcc and emacs, etc. I'm still quite a newbie, but I think I can help with the xarchon project.

I got xarchon running on my LinuxPPC box, and everything seemed good except that the computer was playing really badly on the field. I identified and fixed two small bugs, and now it works better.

Please forgive me if this is an inappropriate way to suggest bugfixes, I'm not clear on how it should be done...

Bug #1: Computer tries to get right up close to you before attacking, even if it's a shooter.

Fix:

in computer.c, in computer_field(), near the beginning:

original line:

   if((field_me->actor->type & ACTOR_WEAPON_SHOOT) == ACTOR_WEAPON_SHOOT) {

fixed line:

   if((field_me->weapon->actor->type & ACTOR_WEAPON_SHOOT) == ACTOR_WEAPON_SHOOT) {

Bug #2: The computer almost never shoots (I saw it shoot once or twice at point-blank range)

Fix:

in computer.c, in computer_field_collision_course(), near the end:

original line:

     if ((rock >> ROCK_IX_SHIFT) != -1 &&

fixed line:

     if ((rock >> ROCK_IX_SHIFT) != ROCK_NONE &&

- Mike

--

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message, including this disclaimer, are entirely my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of GVOX Interactive Music. The views expressed below this disclaimer belong entirely to GVOX Interactive music and do not necessarily reflect my personal views.

--

This message comes to you from GVOX, pioneering Immersive Music(tm)
experiences -- the Next Generation of Music Entertainment

Mike Ciul
GVOX Interactive Music
1080 N. Delaware Ave. 8th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19125
Voice: (215) 922-0880 Ext.: 144 Fax: (215) 922-7230